You can create a derby of your own by following these steps:
- Log into your Walkadoo.com account
- Locate the racing flag icon at the top right of the page and hover over it
- Choose the 'Start a derby' option
- Give your derby a name
- Choose a derby type (point contest or step contest)
- Choose private or public
- Invite people you follow to be in your derby*
- Click 'Next' and follow the onscreen prompts to finish creating your derby
Please note that a derby must be created by noon ET on Sunday in order to start the following day on Monday.
*You may only invite people who you follow who are not currently participating in a derby. You can issue up to 25 invitations, but there are only 5 open slots in your derby (since you occupy the 6th), so invitees join on a first-come, first-served basis.